Safely reduce the risk of exploring Earth and Space to achieve 100% mission success.
Reduce the risk of exploring Earth and Space by providing a highly respected SMA workforce, who continuously characterizes risk, judiciously applies requirements, and conveys lessons learned to achieve 100% mission success.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Improve the center’s ability to keep people, facilities, and operations safe.
- Enable a more proactive and preventive approach to avoid issues that impact mission implementation.
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate risk more efficiently and effectively to assure mission success.
- Better balance Safety and Mission Assurance functions within a constrained resource environment.
Strategic Focus Areas
- Strengthen Safety Culture as demonstrated by showing the value we place on safety through our behaviors.
- Energize Our Workforce by attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse, technically competent, and motivated team.
- Improve SMA Products through increased leadership and accountability.
- Develop Collaborations by establishing mutually beneficial relationships to advance our missions.